Essential Westfest 2016 Information – Please Read
So, you’re coming to Westfest 2016 Halloween – maybe you’ve been before maybe you’re a Westfest virgin, either way we’ve put together a bit of a guide to help everyone coming to the event.
This is the time of year everyone starts looking for their Westfest ticket in their emails. If you can’t find yours or have deleted it by mistake you can get your eTicket re-sent to you by clicking this link: http://bit.ly/Ticket_ReSend – if you have exceeded your download limit please email us at [email protected]
THERE IS STRICTLY NO RE-ENTRY TO THE EVENT
The postcode for the showground is BA4 6QN
There is a massive car park and it’s £8 for parking. Please don’t park on the roads around the venue, illegally parked cars will be removed and can’t be monitored by security. The car park will remain open until 2pm following the event. Please rest before driving if you are tired and do not drink drive. If you want to rest in your car after the event, we recommend bringing a duvet, drinks, snacks, toilet roll and annadin. Red Bull for your drive home.
Nearest train station is Castle Cary which has a shuttle bus service to the event which costs £5 whether single or return.
The car parks are open till 2:00pm on Sunday so you can rest before driving home – pack a blanket.
DO NOT WALK ON THE ROADS!
Please don’t walk along the roads round the showground – they’re really dangerous. If you arrive by train get the shuttle bus, it’s a 4 mile walk!
If you’re local to the event get a lift or a cab, there is no point risking your lives walking on the roads which don’t have pavements and aren’t lit.
Coach info can all be found at this link: http://bit.ly/WF16_Coach
We operate a challenge 25 policy. Please read it – it answers all your ID questions, you can view it on this link: http://bit.ly/WF16_ID
1. Please print your eTicket and bring it with you. Although we can scan from phone screens, this does slow things up where we’re waiting for people to find their tickets on their phone. If you insist on using your phone, please have your ticket somewhere you can find it easily and have it on your phone screen ready to be scanned.
2. There is lockers at the event and they are £10 each – you can pre-order them at this link http://bit.ly/WF16_Locker
3. Tickets might be available on the door priced at £55 although the event does look like it will sell out in advance and if this happens, tickets won’t be available on the door.
4. Please do not buy tickets from touts outside – they are likely to be fakes or duplicates and we hate having to turn people away because they’ve wasted money on tickets from touts. NEVER buy a ticket from anyone you don’t know and therefore can’t trust.
5. There is no dress code at Westfest, you can wear what you like. You can wear masks although we ask that you take them off when entering the event and purchasing tokens and drinks.
6. Think what you really need to bring. Do you really need a big expensive chain hanging round your neck or an expensive phone or camera you might lose?
7. Don’t bring fireworks to the event – even in the car. It annoys the residents if people set them off and jeopardises future events at the showground.
8. There are cash machines on site. Please try not to rely on these as they can go down so try to bring the cash you need at the event.
9. The clocks technically change during this years Westfest. We advise people not to change their watches till after the event. There is no ‘magic’ extra hour and the event lasts for 11 hours from 7:00pm, just like always. The event finishes at 6am (old time) and immediately after that the time will be 5am in line with winters Daylight Saving Time. If you do change your watch during the event, please bear in mind that the set times will not correspond to your watch.
9. We work really hard to put on a great and safe event. Just remember that we don’t see everything so if you see behaviour you think is unacceptable, tell us. Report it to a member of security with a radio. Don’t wait till after the event and say you saw this and that happening on Facebook without giving us a chance to deal with it then and there. Undercover police will be operating at the event.
10. We love Westfest, we hope you do too. Please enjoy the event safely.
See you at Westfest!