Essential Westfest Information – Please Read
So, you’re coming to Westfest 2016 Halloween – maybe you’ve been before maybe you’re a Westfest virgin, either way we’ve put together a bit of a guide to help everyone coming to the event.
Firstly, this is the time that everyone starts looking for their eTickets in their email account and some of you can’t find them so if you are one of these you can get your eTicket re-sent to you by clicking this link: http://bit.ly/Ticket_ReSend – if you have exceeded your download limit please email us at [email protected]
The postcode for the showground is BA4 6QN
There is a massive car park and it’s £8 for parking. Please don’t park on the roads around the venue, illegally parked cars will be removed and can’t be monitored by security.
Nearest train station is Castle Cary which has a shuttle bus service to the event which costs £5 whether single or return.
The car parks are open till Sunday lunchtime so you can rest before driving home – pack a blanket.
Don’t walk on the roads!
Please don’t walk along the roads round the showground – they’re really dangerous. If you arrive by train get the shuttle bus, it’s a 4 mile walk!
If you’re local to the event get a lift or a cab, there is no point risking your lives walking on the roads which don’t have pavements and aren’t lit.
We operate a challenge 25 policy. Please read it – it answers all your ID questions, you can view it on this link: http://bit.ly/WF16_ID
1. Please print your eTicket and bring it with you. Although we can scan from phone screens, this does slow things up where we’re waiting for people to find their tickets on their phone. If you insist on using your phone, please have your ticket somewhere you can find it easily.
2. The clocks are changing this year at Westfest. The easiest way to think about this is not to turn your watch back until after Westfest
3. Tickets will be available on the door priced at £60. (if available)
4. Please do not buy tickets from touts outside – they are likely to be fakes or duplicates and we hate having to turn people away because they’ve wasted money on tickets from touts.
5. Think what you really need to bring. Do you really need a big expensive chain hanging round your neck or an expensive phone or camera you might lose?
6. Don’t bring fireworks to the event – even in the car. It annoys the residents if people set them off and jeopardises future events at the showground.
7. There are cash machines on site. Please try not to rely on these as they can go down so try to bring the cash you need at the event.
8. There is lockers at the event and they are £10 each.
9. We work really hard to put on a great and safe event. Just remember that we don’t see everything so if you see behaviour you think is unacceptable, tell us. Report it to a member of security with a radio. Don’t wait till after the event and say you saw this and that happening on Facebook without giving us a chance to deal with it then and there.
10. We love Westfest, we hope you do too. Please enjoy the event safely.
See you on Saturday